Thursday, October 13, 2011

Upcycled Soda Can Brooches

A while back, I found a "How to Turn a Soda Can into a Spring Flower Brooch" tutorial on CraftStylish (love that site). Here is my own version that I made from some Arizona Green Tea cans.

Aluminium Can Flower Brooch

Other than the obvious drink can, I used scrapbooking flowers (made of thick paper, 100 for 1$) as template, a pen, an exacto knife, a pair of dollar store scissors, some very thin, colored jewelry wire, assorted glass beads, pin backs, hot glue gun and glue sticks.

I made 12 in total last Yule/Christmas which I gave as presents to family and friends. I used them instead of plastic ribbon bows on presents. Bows get thrown away, but these you get to keep and wear.

That's one way of getting a green Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment